Monday, December 12, 2011

Lap 2...GO!

It's Monday morning. Time for work. Time for school. For me however, I get to receive more of my healing. I'm in the cancer center this morning starting the second cycle of the chemotherapy.

Normally I think most people would hate the position I'm in. And, it's not that great if you have most people's perspective.

The key to living in victory, to walking and generating abundance, is perspective. I know that I'm healed already. I know that God has already gone before me and prepared the way. The path has been made straight and the rushing waters have been parted.

As I have always quoted and have known in my heart, God knows the plans He has for me. They are plans to prosper me and not to harm me. My Lord is my guide and He will never lead me to a place of lack. That includes this season of my life.

Most people would call cancer a curse. And I suppose for most people it is. But with the perspective that I have, I know it's a blessing. My Bible tells me that have been set free from the curse and that I have received the blessing that is Christ. So here I sit on my blessed assurance, as my dad always says (that's a pun in case you missed it), as I journey on this path that God has made mine blogging about it on my iPhone.

So, what's the significance of doing this outpatient instead of being admitted to the hospital? I'll tell you. For me personally, it's significant because I get to sleep in my own bed at night instead of being in the hospital all week. And, I think that most people would say that's significant enough.

There's much more than this however. My doctor and the nurses said it has never been done. Now, I'm not sure if it has never been done anywhere, or just at this particular hospital and cancer treatment center. Nevertheless, they have never allowed a patient with my type of cancer and treatments to do this stage of a cycle (5 days in a row) outpatient. They ALWAYS admit patients to the hospital for this portion.

Now, I received a word that the medical field needed my testimony. While I'm not positive what all that includes, I do believe that this is part of it. I'm the first to be allowed to do this here. The doctor was hesitant to do it at first. I didn't even know if I was going to be able to, but I'm here.

I believe that your prayers have and will continue to help and support me. Continue to pray that things go abnormally well. I believe that they will. After this round of treatments, the oncology department here will know that it can be done. They will see that they can give patients with this type of cancer and method of treatment an option in the future. They don't have to just send them to the hospital. Agree with me in this. We can do it!

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever--forsake not the works of Your own hands." (Psalm 138:7, 8 AMP)

-Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment