Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mohawk Time!!!

So, for those of you who know already, my hair began to fall out last Friday (December 2nd). I went ahead and started to shave it all off that afternoon because it was as if I was a large dog shedding its long winter coat. Hair was getting everywhere. I didn't shave it completely however; I simply got a 'buzz' cut. It was about as close to bald as you can get without it actually being bald.

With that being said, by Sunday night even the tiny little hairs in my head were beginning to fall out. I was scrubbing my head in the shower (something new to me since I've always just washed my hair) and when I got out, there were bald 'scrub' marks on my head. I had literally scrubbed my hair off in certain places. It didn't look that great to me, and I noticed that the very top of my head had escaped the scrub massacre. It was at this point that I decided to give myself a mohawk. I had never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever have a true mohawk. On that note, I guess had also never imagined that I would ever have cancer. But, I'm having fun with it. It's different. It catches people off-guard. It's something to laugh about. And, I plan on trying to preserve it for as long as I can, even if it's only for a few days. And "I pity the fool" who doesn't enjoy this along with me!

4 comments:

  1. Kirby.. I think you pull that mohawk off better than anyone else !!! you and the rest of the Dunn family are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your posts since you started your blog and I have been blown away by your overall attitude and manner towards cancer. Some would call it taboo to "have fun" with cancer, but the peace God has given you manifests itself in every circumstance you have had to endure so far.

    Thank you Kirby for being a light to us and to those people who have cancer and are fighting to remain positive.

    Much Love and Prayer,
    KP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mohawk - Looks great on you!!
    Believing with you,
    Toni Logan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look good,u keep laughing in the face of the Devil,Hes a Liar and a thief.Stand strong u will defeat the enemy,u have always been a WINNER,Let nothing stop u.God Bless, ur in our prayers:)

    ReplyDelete