Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oh Where Is My Hair(brush)?!?

I haven't lost my hairbrush...BUT I have lost my hair! Woohoo!!! I know, I wasn't that excited about it. I started to lose my hair this past Friday so I made the decision to go ahead and just shave it off.

The only thing I don't really like is the fact that my head gets realllly cold now...especially since it was a pretty drastic change. When it started to fall out I must admit that I had a good long cry about it. I guess I had more of an emotional attachment to my hair than I previously thought. It was kind of depressing when I was washing my hair as normal and I looked down only to see my hands covered in my hair.

I could simply grab a chunk of hair and pull and out it would come, as easy as if someone were cutting it. Maybe the fact that it was falling out due to the chemo was the reason it was hard to deal with at first. It was really the first big side-effect I have experienced. Still, I am so blessed that this has been it. I would much rather be bald and feel well than be sick and tired.

Continue to pray that my treatment go well. Continue to pray that I don't get sick. Continue to pray that my strength goes back to the way it used to be. Continue to pray for Catherine, that she would have strength and peace through this all. Continue to pray.

2 comments:

  1. Kirby,
    I don't know if you remember or not, but you were one of the ones in the group that prayed for me at church, right after I lost my hair 3 years ago...So I will definitely be praying for you and Catherine during this "different" season. I understand about your head being cold...I thought it was so weird when I had to wear a beanie when I went to sleep at night! And, for what it's worth, you pull off the baldness pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'll continue to pray! I think you look good bald! :)

    ReplyDelete