Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cancer Center

It was so amazing to be able to go home for a couple of days! I have been sleeping non stop it seems but that's a good thing considering I was in the hospital for 6 days not sleeping much.

Today I'm actually getting another chemo treatment but this time it's in the cancer center here at UMC. It's so much nicer than being in the hospital. I have my own recliner and flat screen TV. There are massage chairs and all sorts of great amenities. So I just come in and get treatment and get to go home again which is really nice.

I have been talking to a couple of doctors and they have confirmed what has been in my own spirit. The next few days are a very crucial time in my healing. Following the first cycle of chemo is when your body has the most potential for break-down so to speak. This is the time when the chemo starts killing everything including white blood cells.

This is what we need everyone to pray for. We need everyone to agree that the chemo would attack the cancer cells and leave my good cells alone. Pray that immune system will stay strong and that it will continue to function normally. If it does what they say it will do, I will be susceptible to infections and sickness. BUT, we believe that God can and will prevent this from happening.

Other than that, I'm really fatigued so pray that I can rest and sleep well and regain my strength.

-Kirby

5 comments:

  1. You got it brother. The big cheese has your back and im praying big time for you. Prayers from across the pond coming your way!
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're standing-and kneeling-with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreeing with you in prayer, cousin! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirby,
    You're blog is such an encouragement. We are standing strong in prayer with you. Get some rest, and have a great Thanksgiving!
    Hugs, Leigh Ann, Chad and Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello son...just reminding you of Psalms 91....he that dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty....I continue to pray that "under HIS wings" all of your life-giving "normal" cells will be covered and protected...but the "abnormal" cells will be left exposed to the effects of the chemo....love you!

    ReplyDelete