Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Normalcy

This is one word that adequately describes what I've been wanting to attain. To feel normal. To do the things I normally do. To be who I normally am.

Well, this week has been a good step in that direction so far. Sunday I was able to go to church. Then that evening we had friends over to watch a movie. Both are things we normally do.

Yesterday morning I was able to go to work, and even walked to the office and back. No, I normally don't walk to work. However, I usually run everyday before and/or after work. Because of my surgery I can't run so to get exercise I have to walk, thus the walking to work. All that being said, I normally workout and exercise an I'm beginning to be able to do that again.

Today I had another Dr.'s appointment which seems to be my new normal, and tomorrow another chemo treatment. But, in the midst of everything that is trying to take my life, I'm here to say that I'm living my life as close to normal as I possibly can. In the middle of conquering a disease that is trying to stop my life, I'm going to continue my life.

Yes, adjustments must be made. No, I can't physically do everything I used to do...YET. This afternoon I was able to comfortably do 5 miles on the bike in less than 20 minutes. It isn't the same as running but I'm okay with that. I'm getting there, and I thank all the people that are helping me get there.

I may be in the valley, caught up in the shadow. I may be tired but I won't grow weary, for I know that God is lifting me up on wings like eagles. I know I'm not forsaken, and I'm never alone.

-Kirby

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up man. Glad you are doing better. 12th day with no ciggerette. I am quiting the stuff. Thanks for doing the blog man. My prayers are with you bubba.

    Brandon Mansfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirby Dunn you bless me more than you know! I am continually praying for you! Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete