Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Intro

I decided that a blog would be the best way to keep everyone updated on the progress of my healing. As most of you know, on November 7th I had an emergency surgery to remove one of my testicles and then the next day was diagnosed with Stage 3b Non-Seminonma Testicular Cancer.

At first, the numbers showed that the form of cancer I had was extremely aggressive and I was actually being scheduled to start chemotherapy the day of my diagnosis. The doctors were basically saying that based on the numbers they took from my blood levels before my surgery that had I waited another week to go to the doctor that I would have died. They were concerned that the cancer was doubling so fast that it could eat through my lungs through the night.

BUT, God worked a miracle and after another round of tests, the numbers showed a new report and that aggressivness was no longer in the picture.

I was then scheduled to start chemotherapy at a later date. I was admitted to UMC Hospital in Lubbock, TX on November 16th. That day I had a minor surgery to have a port placed in my chest to receive the chemotherapy and began the first of four cycles of chemotherapy on November 17th.

As of today, I have had three rounds of chemo and have experienced no side effects. (Other than being tired from the fact that I have to stay in an uncomfortable hospital bed with people constantly checking on me 24/7).

Continue to pray for my healing and that the chemo will do it's job. That it will kill the cancer and leave everything else alone.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Kirby...Agreeing with you, Catherine, and your family in prayer!! And I'm fighting with you, knowing that this is TRUTH: that you WILL come out of this victorious, and that we serve an all-powerful, loving, and faithful God who is our HEALER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa Sharber-BrookshireNovember 21, 2011 at 2:30 PM

    Hi Kirby. I just heard and I am praying for you and your family. I know it's been forever since we've seen eachother but my husband and I live in Lubbock so if there is anything y'all need while your here just let us know.

    ReplyDelete